The Expertise of Your Own Chief Information Security Officer at a Fraction of the Cost
Having an experienced security thought leader on staff is the key to developing a balanced security strategy that protects your business while still serving the computing needs of your user community. The challenge for many businesses is that this experience is hard to find, yet the need for this expertise is increasingly urgent as the threats to all businesses are constantly escalating. Time is of the essence, and developing the skills required to secure the organization with internal staff is typically a lengthy process and not a viable option.
Comm Solutions has met this challenge by providing this security leadership “As-A-Service”. Our “CISO Advantage” program enables organizations to immediately benefit from expert executive/senior leadership and operational support to create, manage and execute proper internal security measures. We provide our clients with an expert security consultant and access to an experienced team of professionals with broad and complementary sets of knowledge spanning information security, technology, legal, regulatory compliance and IT Governance. This “CISO Advantage” service is designed to enable a business to leverage “best security practices” from day one to define, mature or transform their information security programs to protect against breaches, and develop an incident response plan to provide a step-by-step process to follow if an incident occurs.
The CISO Advantage provides:
- An assessment of your current security programs, policies and procedures.
- Independent and unbiased advice to address all applicable information security requirements driven by regulatory and compliance objectives, senior management direction and generally accepted information security principles.
- Guidance in defining the appropriate information security framework/standard for your business and developing a roadmap to achieve compliance. Experience with ISO 27001/27002, NIST, Payment Card Data Security Standard, HITRUST.
- Expertise in defining and maturing information security programs through the implementation of policies, procedures and technical controls.
- Knowledge transfer and mentoring of your internal staff.
- Development of methodology for managing and maintaining the continual improvement of security program operations.
- Collaboration on the determination of risks associated with new third-party vendor relationships, including the privacy concerns related to your customer and employee information.
- Assistance in recognizing and addressing state, federal and industry regulations and frameworks to identify information security and privacy compliance obligations.
- A draft incident response plan to ensure your organization is prepared to respond and recover from a cybersecurity incident.
- Development and delivery of a security awareness training program for your organization’s management and staff.
- Executive briefing(s) on your organization’s threat profile and state of the information security program.